Eco Modern Concierge Gives Back
One of the things I, Amy, love to do in Houston is give back in the community. Giving back is a great way to support the local community, build relationships and help others who need it. I would love for you to email me ways you like to give back in the community and organizations you like to support. If you are interested in collaborating send me an email with your ideas of how you would like to collaborate. Here are some ways I give back personally and also through Eco Modern Concierge:
- Volunteer. There are many organizations throughout Houston that I have volunteered for or currently volunteer for, they include, but not limited to, The Women's Home, Museum of Fine Arts Houston, etc.
- Donate items to local organizations. This is something I do after most organizing projects and for clients who want to get rid of their items.
- Work with non-profits. I try to work with at least one non-profit a month by providing organizing services on a small project they may have. If you know of a non-profit that could use organizing help on a small project please email me with their information.
- Support Local. I love supporting local businesses in Houston! I try to buy gifts, food items, use local services, etc. from local businesses and I especially love it when products are made in the U.S.A. I also like to support fellow businesses who are similar to ours, as there are more and more popping up, and refer work out when there is something that just isn't my expertise or that I need a little help with. Collaboration and community over competition. Here are some of my favorite local businesses. This doesn't include nearly all of them that I LOVE.
- Provide in kind services and classes for local organizations. From time to time I work with and collaborate with various organizations to provide in kind donations where my services offered through EMC may help other local organizations.
- Provide auction items for local organization and charities. We proudly donate gift certificates for various charities, auctions, galas, etc. throughout the year.
- Referral program incentives. Current clients who refer others that book services with us have the choice for Eco Modern Concierge to donate money towards a charity of their choice.
- Donate money. I give money and support various local organizations throughout the year.
- Toy drive in November for M.D. Anderson Children's Cancer Hospital. The goal is to have many items to donate close to Giving Tuesday (Tuesday after Thanksgiving). I rally my clients, neighbors, etc.
- Make Valentine's cards for Texas Children's Hospital.
- Donate school supplies in August. I love donating school supplies to local teachers and schools because I know there is a lot of supplies that have to be bought out of pocket. Even a little bit can go a long way.
- Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo Volunteer - Recycling Committee. I volunteer on the recycling committee for HLSR. The more you recycle at HLSR, the more money our team gets and it goes back to scholarships. This supports Eco Modern Concierge's mission of helping the planet and being eco / green the best we can.
- The list goes on and on.....